On the 17th October, we also held our Agri-Food Waste Day conference which was a joint venture with H2020 Project NoAW. We were delighted that the European Commission were in a position to host the conference at their Madou Building in Brussels. It was an excellent day that facilitated the unique opportunity to discuss our two H2020 funded projects. At the conference, we had a variety of speakers from across the Agri-Food chain as well as disseminating what both projects have been up to so far.
The day provided the opportunity for high level discussion about agri-waste; agri-food waste; food waste management from farm to fork; the need for the circular economy; as well as the need for consistency in terminology.
Presentations from the day:
- European Priorities and tools around agri-food waste
- Circular Economy, a way to tackle societal challenges
- Agricultural wastes availability and mapping in EU
- How agri-food waste can create business opportunities
- Effective and efficient farming technologies
- Introduction to No Agro-Waste – European H2020 Project
- Introduction to AgroCycle – European H2020 Project
- Where is stakeholder’s help required? And how can they benefit?
- Agri-waste valorisation
- Food waste valorisation
- Novel value chain
- Innovation & IPR management including business strategy